The Launch Online Grant program is currently investing up to $12 million to help various small- and medium-size businesses to adapt or transit to an online presence. This grant will pay 75% of eligible expenses. The maximum of this grant is $7,500 per business.
Where can you allocate your money?
- Service provider costs:
- Platform and website development
- Copy and online content writing
- Developing an online inventory of goods and products
- Pictures (including hiring a photographer), stock photos or related graphics needed
- Digital customer costs:
- E-commerce platform subscription (up to 1 year)
- Online advertising (up to 1 year)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Creating banners and other embedded advertising
- Staff training to manage the online shop, learn about digital marketing, etc.
- Platform subscription costs
- Purchase of online photos and graphics
- Purchase of online promotional space such as Facebook ads
Am I eligible?
- The owner of the company must be a BC resident (or residents)
- Your business operations operate solely or primarily within BC
- You must be currently operating, and employing BC residents
- Less than 149 employees
- Generated sales of more than $30,000 in the past year
- You must be registered in and pay taxes in BC
- You must have a business license number and a GST number, a PST and a WorkSafe BC number if applicable
- Has repeatable goods and/or in the case of artists and jewellers (items that have slight differences like paintings or rings)
- If you are a business that is service based, unfortunately you would not be eligible for this grant.
- If you are renting products that your company owns you may be still able to apply.
Look more into eligibility: https://www.launchonline.ca/
Who can help me?
The funds must be used to hire B.C.-based company(ies) and Wikads can develop or improve the online platforms and stores.
Wikads has built a solid plan and process to help your local business thrive in the online world. We will develop an e-commerce store that is fully functional and meets all the requirements.
How do I apply?
Go to Launch Online https://launchonline.ca/ to start your application.
Have all documentation ready
Develop a grant proposal that explains what your plan is for using the allocated funds.
Include cost estimates for the categories in which you are going to allocate the funds.
Need help with your application?
Contact us today!
How long does it take?
It takes 3 weeks after submission for the application to be viewed and reviewed.
This grant works on a first come first served basis.
I have an online store already, do I qualify?
If you have a store, it must not have more than three of the five identified online store features:
- Customer registration and information security features
- Shopping cart and order management capabilities
- Payment processing options including application of appropriate taxes and shipping costs at time of ordering
- Product catalogue, search and inventory status
- Website analytics and reporting capabilities
Not eligible? Book a grant consultation